You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vPilot 2.0 Open Beta now available

Ross Carlson

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted
Sir I have few problems while using VPilot 2.0.

* I need to have VPilot as my active software as in the VPilot should be in focus and selected to transmit voice. Without that the transmission does not occur.

Run BOTH vPilot and FSX as admin.

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ross Carlson

• Ezio Cingolani 953405

• Kirk Christie

• MICHAEL KATSANIS 1284260

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ross Carlson

Ross Carlson 50 posts

• Ezio Cingolani 953405

Ezio Cingolani 953405 8 posts

• Kirk Christie

Kirk Christie 7 posts

• MICHAEL KATSANIS 1284260

MICHAEL KATSANIS 1284260 7 posts

Popular Days

• Apr 12 2016

16 posts

• Apr 10 2016

15 posts

• Apr 11 2016

12 posts

• Apr 7 2016

12 posts

shreyas sanghvi 1315970
Posted
Posted
Sir I have few problems while using VPilot 2.0.

* I need to have VPilot as my active software as in the VPilot should be in focus and selected to transmit voice. Without that the transmission does not occur.

Run BOTH vPilot and FSX as admin.

Done that. P3D and VPilot running as admin. With VPilot in focus

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
*and if its suppose to display a 777 as a pmdg 777 if I own one. It isn't the case with me. I see a 777 as a Woai's 777.

vPilot will not use the 777 for model matching unless you create a custom rule set. I would recommend against that, though, since the PMDG 777 is a very complex model and your framerate will suffer if you use it for model matching.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

shreyas sanghvi 1315970
Posted
Posted
*and if its suppose to display a 777 as a pmdg 777 if I own one. It isn't the case with me. I see a 777 as a Woai's 777.

vPilot will not use the 777 for model matching unless you create a custom rule set. I would recommend against that, though, since the PMDG 777 is a very complex model and your framerate will suffer if you use it for model matching.

I am not in any mood of using pmdg but with the custom ruleset I thought it would do that automatically. And plus I might get OOMs. And The coms problem is little annoying in busy airspace like dxb. When I have to switch to text or reconnect every time the coms fail.

Thank you

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
I am not in any mood of using pmdg but with the custom ruleset I thought it would do that automatically.

What custom rule set are you referring to?

MICHAEL KATSANIS 1284260
Posted
Posted

Would it be possible to use 2 Remotes (two different pc's) with 1 host? For example one talking to one frequency and the other to another.

Josh Glottmann
Posted
Posted
Would it be possible to use 2 Remotes (two different pc's) with 1 host? For example one talking to one frequency and the other to another.

I don't know why you would need this?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

It's not currently set up to allow that, but it might be fairly easy for me to make it support that. Why would you want to do that? For dual-pilot home cockpit setups, or something else?

shreyas sanghvi 1315970
Posted
Posted
I am not in any mood of using pmdg but with the custom ruleset I thought it would do that automatically.

Default planes. They don't appear

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I don't understand what you're saying ... you said you thought the PMDG 777 would appear with a custom rule set, but now you're talking about default planes. What is the actual problem you're experiencing?

shreyas sanghvi 1315970
Posted
Posted

I don't understand what you're saying ... you said you thought the PMDG 777 would appear with a custom rule set, but now you're talking about default planes. What is the actual problem you're experiencing?

sir i have WOAI as traffic addon. and now when i fly, there are few planes that are not there in Woai package like my p3d has the T-6 texan. but i dont see it in fs because its not ther e in my woai package . but as you said we need custom models rule set for them to appear i got the solution to my problem. i only had ruleset for Woai thats the reason none of my other planes are visible both payware and default. sorry for the confusion.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

New 2.0 beta version available:

http://vpilot.metacraft.com/DownloadHandler.ashx?m=0&ver=2.0.2.3&file=vPilot-Setup-2.0.2.3.exe

This fixes the problem with running in a host/remote networked configuration. It also fixes the problem with not being able to connect to newly-arrived controllers.

MICHAEL KATSANIS 1284260
Posted
Posted

It's not currently set up to allow that, but it might be fairly easy for me to make it support that. Why would you want to do that? For dual-pilot home cockpit setups, or something else?

Exactly! Since vPilot have one audio export and it is not possible for the copilot to listen/talk to another frequency ( ex. ATIS), i thought that he could run another vPilot Remote to "his" pc and handles COM2 by him self.

Regards,

Mike

MICHAEL KATSANIS 1284260
Posted
Posted

I don't know why you would need this?

As Ross mentioned "For dual-pilot home cockpit setups"

Kirk Christie
Posted
Posted

Exactly! Since vPilot have one audio export and it is not possible for the copilot to listen/talk to another frequency ( ex. ATIS), i thought that he could run another vPilot Remote to "his" pc and handles COM2 by him self.

Regards,

Mike

On V pilot it is possible to dual RX on two frequency's use the dot commands listed here http://vpilot.metacraft.com/Docomeentation.aspx#dot-commands

Kirk Christie - VATPAC C3

VATPAC Undercover ATC Agent

Worldflight Perth 737-800 Crew Member

MICHAEL KATSANIS 1284260
Posted
Posted
On V pilot it is possible to dual RX on two frequency's use the dot commands listed here http://vpilot.metacraft.com/Docomeentation.aspx#dot-commands

Yes i know that, thanx! The point is not to hear two things simultaneously because at the end you don't hear nothing!

And since it is not supporting different sound cards for each COM, maybe 2 remote would help solving this.

Kirk Christie
Posted
Posted

Ok Micheal I have some feedback for you and Ross

I put vpilot on our fixed base sim tonight, we have the same set up with 1 main PC and 2 SUB PC's, the Audio is handled by Sub 1, and the sim is on the main PC.

We ran the host mode no voice on the main PC

We ran the Remote Mode with voice on Sub PC1 with the IP address pointing to the host, com 1 and 2 all change on vpilot via the radio stack in the sim.

We ran Remote mode with no voice on Sub PC 2, and mapped the IP to Sub PC1 which was running remote with voice.

Every thing on Sub PC2 and Sub PC 1 was mirrored on vpilot on both computers, we connected to vatsim and we were able, voice coms went through sub PC1

We went down this road because some times we have 1 person in the sim, the screen for the vpilot interface was only viewable from the screen on the FO's side of the cockpit.

The sim is the 737 listed here http://worldflightperth.com.au/

MICHAEL KATSANIS 1284260
Posted
Posted
Ok Micheal I have some feedback for you and Ross

I put vpilot on our fixed base sim tonight, we have the same set up with 1 main PC and 2 SUB PC's, the Audio is handled by Sub 1, and the sim is on the main PC.

We ran the Remote Mode with voice on Sub PC1 with the IP address pointing to the host, com 1 and 2 all change on vpilot via the radio stack in the sim.

We ran Remote mode with no voice on Sub PC 2, and mapped the IP to Sub PC1 which was running remote with voice.

Every thing on Sub PC2 and Sub PC 1 was mirrored on vpilot on both computers, we connected to vatsim and we were able, voice coms went through sub PC1

We went down this road because some times we have 1 person in the sim, the screen for the vpilot interface was only viewable from the screen on the FO's side of the cockpit.

The sim is the 737 listed here http://worldflightperth.com.au/

It is my understanding that your vpilot setup has the sole purpose to enable flight by a single user, thus making it possible for him to use a second remote vpilot on SubPC 2 as proxy to control the vpilot console (on the mainPC & the SubPC 1).

This way though still your are using only one sound output and whenever you opt to receive both coms, you get to hear them on the same speakers as on vpilot 1.

Am I correct ?

In my case i would like to use Host on MainPC and remote on SubPC1 (pointing to Host) and remote SubPC2 (also pointing to Host). So if the co-pilot (SubPC2) wants to hear COM2, he just sets .COM2

Regards.

Mike

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I'm not sure I understand ... are you saying you are running three PCs, with vPilot in host mode on one, and vPilot in remote mode on the other two?

And you mentioned that "sub pc 2" has the ip mapped to "sub pc 1", but that shouldn't even allow you to connect, since vPilot running in remote mode will not accept connections from another remote. Only the host can accept connections from remotes. (Unless I've got a very serious bug in the networking code!)

Kirk Christie
Posted
Posted

Yes thats exactly how its set up, and the sub 2 remote IP is mapped to the remote.

All that happens is that both remote clients are an exact duplicate, whats done on one side happens on the other side.

Its a shame you think its a bug, because its actially a benifit in the sim because of how we have the audio set to the first officers computer and both the captian and the First officer can see the vpilit interface. This means that 1 person can fly on their own with out having to move the audio cables.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I'm not saying it's a bug that you can connect two remotes to one host, but you are saying you are connecting a remote to a remote ... that should not even be possible!

Kirk Christie
Posted
Posted

Well it seems to be working that way and working well for what we want to do. We would like it to continue to work that way, if you are happy to leave it.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
Well it seems to be working that way and working well for what we want to do. We would like it to continue to work that way, if you are happy to leave it.

I think there must be a miscommunication happening here, or you are mistaken about how you have things configured. I'm saying it's not even possible to connect one vPilot remote to another vPilot remote. You can only connect a remote to a host. A remote doesn't open a port to accept incoming connections. Only a host does that.

To be sure there wasn't some crazy bug that somehow snuck into the code, I just tested it with three machines, with machine A running as the host, and machines B and C running as remotes, and I put machine B's IP address in the host address field in machine C's configuration, and indeed C would not connect to B, because B simply wasn't listening.

If I put machine A's IP in the host address box in both remote B and remote C, they both connected to A just fine.

Bahaeddine El-Zarif
Posted
Posted

Ross,

Once Installed vpilot and after starting FSX, I got this:

"See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

Ninject.ActivationException: Error activating a6 using implicit self-binding of a6

No constructor was available to create an instance of the implementation type.

Activation path:

2) Injection of dependency a6 into parameter A_1 of constructor of type b5

1) Request for b5

Suggestions:

1) Ensure that the implementation type has a public constructor.

2) If you have implemented the Singleton pattern, use a binding with InSingletonScope() instead.

at Ninject.Activation.Providers.StandardProvider.Create(IContext context)

at Ninject.Activation.Context.ResolveInternal(Object scope)

at Ninject.Activation.Context.Resolve()

at Ninject.KernelBase.<>c__DisplayCl[Mod - Happy Thoughts]13.b__d(IBinding binding)

at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectEnumerableIterator`2.MoveNext()

at System.Linq.Enumerable.SingleOrDefault[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)

at Ninject.Planning.Targets.Target`1.GetValue(Type service, IContext parent)

at Ninject.Planning.Targets.Target`1.ResolveWithin(IContext parent)

at Ninject.Activation.Providers.StandardProvider.GetValue(IContext context, ITarget target)

at Ninject.Activation.Providers.StandardProvider.<>c__DisplayCl[Mod - Happy Thoughts]4.b__2(ITarget target)

at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectArrayIterator`2.MoveNext()

at System.Linq.Buffer`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 source)

at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToArray[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)

at Ninject.Activation.Providers.StandardProvider.Create(IContext context)

at Ninject.Activation.Context.ResolveInternal(Object scope)

at Ninject.Activation.Context.Resolve()

at Ninject.KernelBase.<>c__DisplayCl[Mod - Happy Thoughts]13.b__d(IBinding binding)

at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectEnumerableIterator`2.MoveNext()

at System.Linq.Enumerable.Single[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)

at Ninject.ResolutionExtensions.Get(IResolutionRoot root, Type service, IParameter[] parameters)

at Ninject.Extensions.Factory.Factory.InstanceResolver.Get(Type type, String name, Func`2 constraint, IParameter[] parameters, Boolean fallback)

at Ninject.Extensions.Factory.StandardInstanceProvider.GetInstance(IInstanceResolver instanceResolver, MethodInfo methodInfo, Object[] arguments)

at Ninject.Extensions.Factory.FactoryInterceptor.Intercept(IInvocation invocation)

at Castle.DynamicProxy.AbstractInvocation.Proceed()

at Castle.Proxies.e4Proxy.a(a6 A_0)

at a9.a(Object A_0, ag A_1)

at Metacraft.Vatsim.Vpilot.vPilotAPI.vPilotAPI.c(Object A_0)

************** Loaded [Mod - Happy Thoughts]emblies **************

mscorlib

[Mod - Happy Thoughts]embly Version: 2.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5485 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

vPilot

Win32 Version: 2.0.0.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/User/AppData/Local/vPilot/vPilot.exe

Ninject

[Mod - Happy Thoughts]embly Version: 3.2.0.0

Win32 Version: 3.2.2.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/User/AppData/Local/vPilot/Ninject.DLL

System.Windows.Forms

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5491 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/[Mod - Happy Thoughts]embly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/[Mod - Happy Thoughts]embly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Drawing

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5495 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/[Mod - Happy Thoughts]embly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Core

[Mod - Happy Thoughts]embly Version: 3.5.0.0

Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.5420 built by: Win7SP1

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/[Mod - Happy Thoughts]embly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

Ninject.Extensions.Factory

Win32 Version: 3.2.1.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/User/AppData/Local/vPilot/Ninject.Extensions.Factory.DLL

Castle.Core

Win32 Version: 3.2.0.2259

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/User/AppData/Local/vPilot/Castle.Core.DLL

bbv.Common.EventBroker

[Mod - Happy Thoughts]embly Version: 0.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 0.0.0.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/User/AppData/Local/vPilot/bbv.Common.EventBroker.DLL

System.Configuration

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5483 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/[Mod - Happy Thoughts]embly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Xml

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5494 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/[Mod - Happy Thoughts]embly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

DynamicProxyGen[Mod - Happy Thoughts]embly2

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/User/AppData/Local/vPilot/Castle.Core.dll

DynamicProxyGen[Mod - Happy Thoughts]embly2

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/User/AppData/Local/vPilot/Castle.Core.dll

Anonymously Hosted DynamicMethods [Mod - Happy Thoughts]embly

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/[Mod - Happy Thoughts]embly/GAC_32/mscorlib/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.dll

protobuf-net

[Mod - Happy Thoughts]embly Version: 2.0.0.640

Win32 Version: 2.0.0.640

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/User/AppData/Local/vPilot/protobuf-net.DLL

2lar8nc0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/[Mod - Happy Thoughts]embly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

Accessibility

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/[Mod - Happy Thoughts]embly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

log4net

[Mod - Happy Thoughts]embly Version: 1.2.10.0

Win32 Version: 1.2.10.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/User/AppData/Local/vPilot/log4net.DLL

System.Management

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/[Mod - Happy Thoughts]embly/GAC_MSIL/System.Management/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Management.dll

SharpDX.DirectInput

[Mod - Happy Thoughts]embly Version: 2.6.3.0

Win32 Version: 2.6.3

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/User/AppData/Local/vPilot/SharpDX.DirectInput.DLL

SharpDX

[Mod - Happy Thoughts]embly Version: 2.6.3.0

Win32 Version: 2.6.3

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/User/AppData/Local/vPilot/SharpDX.DLL

Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect

[Mod - Happy Thoughts]embly Version: 10.0.61259.0

Win32 Version: 10.0.61637.0 (FSX-Xpack.20070926-1421)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/[Mod - Happy Thoughts]embly/GAC_32/Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect/10.0.61259.0__31bf3856ad364e35/Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.dll

Metacraft.Vatsim.vPilot.Plugins

[Mod - Happy Thoughts]embly Version: 1.0.5937.20465

Win32 Version: 1.0.5937.20465

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/User/AppData/Local/vPilot/Metacraft.Vatsim.vPilot.Plugins.DLL

System.Web.Services

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/[Mod - Happy Thoughts]embly/GAC_MSIL/System.Web.Services/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Web.Services.dll

xseswkmq

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box."

As Well as this message: http://prntscr.com/ar6kkh

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
Once Installed vpilot and after starting FSX, I got this:

You need to download and install the updated beta, version 2.0.2.3:

http://vpilot.metacraft.com/DownloadHandler.ashx?m=0&ver=2.0.2.3&file=vPilot-Setup-2.0.2.3.exe