You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vPilot 2.0 Open Beta now available

Ross Carlson

Kirk Christie
Posted
Posted

Ill double check for you, but it wont be for another week untill im at the sim again.

Kirk Christie - VATPAC C3

VATPAC Undercover ATC Agent

Worldflight Perth 737-800 Crew Member

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ross Carlson

• Ezio Cingolani 953405

• Kirk Christie

• MICHAEL KATSANIS 1284260

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ross Carlson

Ross Carlson 50 posts

• Ezio Cingolani 953405

Ezio Cingolani 953405 8 posts

• Kirk Christie

Kirk Christie 7 posts

• MICHAEL KATSANIS 1284260

MICHAEL KATSANIS 1284260 7 posts

Popular Days

• Apr 12 2016

16 posts

• Apr 10 2016

15 posts

• Apr 11 2016

12 posts

• Apr 7 2016

12 posts

MICHAEL KATSANIS 1284260
Posted
Posted
If I put machine A's IP in the host address box in both remote B and remote C, they both connected to A just fine.

That's what i want!! I will try to tested tonight.

Normally if SubPc1 (Remote with voice) select COM1 and SubPc2 (Remote with voice) select COM2 and of course Host PC runs Remote No voice.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
If I put machine A's IP in the host address box in both remote B and remote C, they both connected to A just fine.

Normally if SubPc1 (Remote with voice) select COM1 and SubPc2 (Remote with voice) select COM2 and of course Host PC runs Remote No voice.

There's no way to have the two remotes on separate COM radios. They'll both be on whichever COM radio is selected for transmit in the sim.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

MICHAEL KATSANIS 1284260
Posted
Posted

There's no way to have the two remotes on separate COM radios. They'll both be on whichever COM radio is selected for transmit in the sim.

I mean that both will have the same COM1 and COM2, but the first will have .COM1 (active) and the second .COM2 (active). I believe that this functionality is not possible?

If i type .COM1 in any remote, then both will switch to .COM1?

Thanx!

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Right, the sim determines which radio is active. Issuing a dot command on either remote will change it in the sim, and then the remotes will display the change. In other words, both remotes will be in sync, always showing the same active frequency.

Avalon Danvers 1355123
Posted
Posted

Well, I ran across an odd problem; the first time I have ever seen software do this in fact. vPilot throws an error regarding FIPS Cryptographic Validation. Now while yes, a workaround could be to turn off enforcement of the FIPS security policy, that makes no sense when only one application is doing it.

Instead, depending on the type of code this application uses (i.e. I found instructions for .NET, VB, IIS .NET, WPF, etc.) it turns out it's a rather simple fix in the code itself:

<configuration>
   <runtime>
       <enforceFIPSPolicy enabled=”0” />
       <!-- or maybe ="false" -->
   </runtime>
</configuration>

To whichever is applicable to this application. Here are some various reference links:

https://www.bing.com/search?q=this+implementation+is+not+part+of+the+fips&PC=U316&FORM=CHROMN

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-us/0be1aecb-b446-413c-b059-54e1f6065bec/this-implementation-is-not-part-of-the-windows-platform-fips-validated-cryptographic-algorithms?forum=netfxbcl

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/721bf71d-0e63-4b73-9e9b-badfdd654bb3/wpf-project-errors-this-implementation-is-not-part-of-the-windows-platform-fips-validated?forum=visualstudiogeneral

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/844704/wpf-applications-wont-compile-with-fips-compliance-enabled-visual-studio-2013

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12502281/this-implementation-is-not-part-of-the-windows-platform-fips-validated-cryptogra

Based on what I read, this should be a painless ~2 minute fix. A shame the source code isn't available or I would have done it myself.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
vPilot throws an error regarding FIPS Cryptographic Validation.

Can you please post the full details of the error?

Avalon Danvers 1355123
Posted
Posted
vPilot throws an error regarding FIPS Cryptographic Validation.

Can you please post the full details of the error?

That actually happens to be the full details of the error (I tried looking around the Event Viewer and I tried to see if vPilot had a log file) but this is what appears when opening it (hopefully the forum resizes!):

GOYfcdg.jpg

It, and vPilot 1 are the only applications to ever throw this exception and I have a lot of applications on my PC.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

The exact text of the error is what I was looking for, plus the text in the title bar of the error popup. That tells me that it is happening while vPilot is decrypting some of the configuration file fields.

You said this is the first time you have seen this error, but you also said you got it with vPilot 1.0. Can you elaborate on that? Have you ever run vPilot 1.0 in the past without getting the error?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Note that you can disable the FIPS algorithm check by creating a file called vPilot.exe.config and placing it in the same folder as your vPilot.exe. The contents of the file should be as follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<configuration>
 <runtime>
<enforceFIPSPolicy enabled="false"/>
 </runtime>
</configuration>

That should allow vPilot to read and decrypt the config file on systems that have the FIPS algorithm check enabled.

Out of curiosity, did you enable the FIPS check yourself, or was it enabled by some other system administrator, perhaps as part of a group security policy? I'm [Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming it's not enabled by default on Windows 10 or I would have had many other users report this issue, and you're the first.

Avalon Danvers 1355123
Posted
Posted
Note that you can disable the FIPS algorithm check by creating a file called vPilot.exe.config and placing it in the same folder as your vPilot.exe. The contents of the file should be as follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<configuration>
 <runtime>
<enforceFIPSPolicy enabled="false"/>
 </runtime>
</configuration>

That should allow vPilot to read and decrypt the config file on systems that have the FIPS algorithm check enabled.

Out of curiosity, did you enable the FIPS check yourself, or was it enabled by some other system administrator, perhaps as part of a group security policy? I'm [Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming it's not enabled by default on Windows 10 or I would have had many other users report this issue, and you're the first.

I will make that configuration file. When I saw it first it read like it was required as part of the build process but that must have been an IIS Application.

On Windows 10, I believe FIPS is enabled by default for computer systems equipped with the Trusted Platform Module 1.2 (or later) enabled (i.e. fully authorized; etc.). Enforcing the FIPS cryptography group policy wasn't even configured on this system as it wasn't configured on the Azure AD Domain for which the system connects to (I own the network and while FIPS cryptography is forced enabled by the local domain controllers, systems such as personal systems connecting to the domain which are authorized are done so through Azure AD).

However, looking back at the logs, I see that Windows switched to FIPS enforced cryptographic validation on Windows 10 Pro (Insider Preview - Fast Ring) following the installation and initialization of the Infineon TPM module (before it was ever connected to an Azure AD) by myself so I am indeed leaning towards that Windows 10 defaults to enable it if a TPM is available and initialized.

Quick Edit - I forgot to mention from your earlier post: I tried vPilot 1 after vPilot 2 wouldn't launch.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
Quick Edit - I forgot to mention from your earlier post: I tried vPilot 1 after vPilot 2 wouldn't launch.

So the answer is no, you've never run vPilot 1.0 successfully in the past, on this machine, right? I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume that's correct, since the encryption methods used in vPilot didn't change at all from 1.0 to 2.0.

Luka Stevens
Posted
Posted

hey I remember you saying that tower connect would be back in version 2.0, I sadly can't see the server in the server tab.

Is it me doing something wrong or is it not in this version?

LUKA STEVENS 
Belux vACC Training Director

Facebook  Twitter  Instagram

arrvatA.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

It is now the .towerview command. It doesn't appear to be working with ES though, since in version 2.0 it connects in observer mode, not pilot mode. Evidently ES doesn't p[Mod - Happy Thoughts] on aircraft type code information to observer connections. I will be contacting the ES devs about it.

Kirk Christie
Posted
Posted

Hi Ross, I can confirm that the IP address in the remote on SUB 2 is pointing to SUB 1 PC which is not the host PC

Kirk Christie - VATPAC C3

VATPAC Undercover ATC Agent

Worldflight Perth 737-800 Crew Member

Niels Voogd
Posted
Posted
It is now the .towerview command. It doesn't appear to be working with ES though, since in version 2.0 it connects in observer mode, not pilot mode. Evidently ES doesn't p[Mod - Happy Thoughts] on aircraft type code information to observer connections. I will be contacting the ES devs about it.

would it be possible to return the localproxy option while we are waiting for the ES devs? (my experience is that they keep you waiting) + i've used towerview for quite a while at eham. never had problems with it, why did you remove this feature, without having a working replacement?

or maybe there is one and i didn't look well enough, correct me if i'm wrong.

Thimo Koolen
Posted
Posted

As far as I'm aware, the older function wasn't really stable and therefore removed.

spacer.png

ACCNL4 (Training Director) - Dutch VACC

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
would it be possible to return the localproxy option while we are waiting for the ES devs?

Possible, yes, but it's not going to happen. There were several reasons why I removed the local proxy server option:

1) It was an experimental, undocomeented feature, intended to connect vPilot to a beta version of vSTARS which provided the appropriate information via a local proxy server.

2) It didn't work quite right with ES (because it was never intended for use with ES) because ES doesn't implement the ACCONFIG protocol, resulting in the lights/gear/engines not appearing correctly in many cases.

3) People were using it to connect vPilot to non-VATSIM networks.

I removed the feature because I hadn't yet found the time to update vSTARS so that tower controllers could use it with vPilot to get a tower view. I really shouldn't have ever added the local proxy server option until it was ready for actual usage with a supported ATC client. Only after I removed it did I really learn the extent to which people were using it in ways it was never intended, such as connecting to ES or connecting to non-VATSIM servers.

I don't have a problem with the software being used in ways I didn't envision, but I do have a problem with it being used in ways that are "broken" in some fashion, such as was the case with ES not supporting the ACCONFIG protocol. Same with connecting it to non-VATSIM servers, since that was a very hackish process involving a "fake" proxy server, sort of like the old SB2 days.

So I removed the local proxy option from the server dropdown, and replaced it with the .towerview command so that users could still connect it to ES, using an observer connection instead of a pilot connection. Unfortunately that broke it even more with ES, because now not only does the ES connection lack ACCONFIG protocol support, it also doesn't p[Mod - Happy Thoughts] any aircraft data at all to vPilot. The upside is that I have opened an email conversation with the ES devs to get full support built into ES, in which case it will work just as well as the upcoming vSTARS for providing a server connection for vPilot for the purpose of creating tower displays.

I'm also planning to release a version of vPilot that works properly with non-VATSIM servers. That version will have all the VATSIM-proprietary stuff removed from it, such as the voice server connection capability.

why did you remove this feature, without having a working replacement?

I trust the above answers this question as well.

Niels Voogd
Posted
Posted

Hey Ross,

thanks for the information, anxiously waiting until the feature is re-implemented.

If you come to a solution with the ES devs, would this then become a docomeented feature?

would be great if you could keep us up to date on the progress, if there is any.

Cheers!

and keep up the great work so far!

• 2 weeks later...
josh king 1341657
Posted
Posted

hey guys, i have had a m[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ive problem with my model matching in the past then i heard Vpilot 2.0 does it for you so i downloaded it and i get this error

************** Exception Text **************

System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no elements

at System.Linq.Enumerable.Max(IEnumerable`1 source)

at System.Linq.Enumerable.Max[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 selector)

at dt.c()

at dt.a(Object A_0, RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs A_1)

at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnRunWorkerCompleted(RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)

at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.AsyncOperationCompleted(Object arg)

************** Loaded [Mod - Happy Thoughts]emblies **************

mscorlib

[Mod - Happy Thoughts]embly Version: 2.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5485 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

vPilot

[Mod - Happy Thoughts]embly Version: 2.0.3.0

Win32 Version: 2.0.3.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Josh/AppData/Local/vPilot/vPilot.exe

Ninject

[Mod - Happy Thoughts]embly Version: 3.2.0.0

Win32 Version: 3.2.2.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Josh/AppData/Local/vPilot/Ninject.DLL

System.Windows.Forms

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5491 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/[Mod - Happy Thoughts]embly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/[Mod - Happy Thoughts]embly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Drawing

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5492 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/[Mod - Happy Thoughts]embly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Core

[Mod - Happy Thoughts]embly Version: 3.5.0.0

Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.5420 built by: Win7SP1

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/[Mod - Happy Thoughts]embly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

Ninject.Extensions.Factory

Win32 Version: 3.2.1.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Josh/AppData/Local/vPilot/Ninject.Extensions.Factory.DLL

Castle.Core

Win32 Version: 3.2.0.2259

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Josh/AppData/Local/vPilot/Castle.Core.DLL

bbv.Common.EventBroker

[Mod - Happy Thoughts]embly Version: 0.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 0.0.0.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Josh/AppData/Local/vPilot/bbv.Common.EventBroker.DLL

System.Configuration

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5483 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/[Mod - Happy Thoughts]embly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Xml

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/[Mod - Happy Thoughts]embly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

DynamicProxyGen[Mod - Happy Thoughts]embly2

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Josh/AppData/Local/vPilot/Castle.Core.dll

DynamicProxyGen[Mod - Happy Thoughts]embly2

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Josh/AppData/Local/vPilot/Castle.Core.dll

Anonymously Hosted DynamicMethods [Mod - Happy Thoughts]embly

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/[Mod - Happy Thoughts]embly/GAC_32/mscorlib/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.dll

protobuf-net

[Mod - Happy Thoughts]embly Version: 2.0.0.668

Win32 Version: 2.0.0.668

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Josh/AppData/Local/vPilot/protobuf-net.DLL

78nlvswh

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/[Mod - Happy Thoughts]embly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

Accessibility

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/[Mod - Happy Thoughts]embly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

log4net

[Mod - Happy Thoughts]embly Version: 1.2.10.0

Win32 Version: 1.2.10.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Josh/AppData/Local/vPilot/log4net.DLL

System.Management

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/[Mod - Happy Thoughts]embly/GAC_MSIL/System.Management/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Management.dll

SharpDX.DirectInput

[Mod - Happy Thoughts]embly Version: 2.6.3.0

Win32 Version: 2.6.3

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Josh/AppData/Local/vPilot/SharpDX.DirectInput.DLL

SharpDX

[Mod - Happy Thoughts]embly Version: 2.6.3.0

Win32 Version: 2.6.3

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Josh/AppData/Local/vPilot/SharpDX.DLL

Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect

[Mod - Happy Thoughts]embly Version: 10.0.61259.0

Win32 Version: 10.0.61637.0 (FSX-Xpack.20070926-1421)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/[Mod - Happy Thoughts]embly/GAC_32/Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect/10.0.61259.0__31bf3856ad364e35/Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.dll

Metacraft.Vatsim.Vpilot.Plugins

[Mod - Happy Thoughts]embly Version: 1.1.0.9

Win32 Version: 1.1.0.9

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Josh/AppData/Local/vPilot/Metacraft.Vatsim.Vpilot.Plugins.DLL

System.Web.Services

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/[Mod - Happy Thoughts]embly/GAC_MSIL/System.Web.Services/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Web.Services.dll

f2m8puek

-89xhx2r

INIFileP[Mod - Happy Thoughts]r

[Mod - Happy Thoughts]embly Version: 2.2.2.0

Win32 Version: 2.2.2

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Josh/AppData/Local/vPilot/INIFileP[Mod - Happy Thoughts]r.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

Could you please help me, thanks

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the bug report, Josh, I'll look into it.

Andrew Ogden
Posted
Posted
hey guys, i have had a m[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ive problem with my model matching in the past

Have you got the actual models downloaded. Just adding the model matching rules doesnt make aircraft their correct type.

Andrew Ogden
Gander Oceanic OCA Chief
Vancouver FIR Senior Instructor

Visit us: https://ganderoceanic.ca

CZQO LogoCZVR Logo

• 4 weeks later...
Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

The "Sequence contains no elements" error has been fixed in version 2.0.4, which I just released.