You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vPilot 2.0 Open Beta now available

Ross Carlson

Mark Wolpert
Posted
Posted

Wonderful news. Now I can run vPilot on my second computer and have the comms go through the main computer.....FS2Crew is now possible with this setup. Woo hoo !!!

847924.png

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ross Carlson

• Ezio Cingolani 953405

• Kirk Christie

• MICHAEL KATSANIS 1284260

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ross Carlson

Ross Carlson 50 posts

• Ezio Cingolani 953405

Ezio Cingolani 953405 8 posts

• Kirk Christie

Kirk Christie 7 posts

• MICHAEL KATSANIS 1284260

MICHAEL KATSANIS 1284260 7 posts

Popular Days

• Apr 12 2016

16 posts

• Apr 10 2016

15 posts

• Apr 11 2016

12 posts

• Apr 7 2016

12 posts

Abe Abrahamian 1287713
Posted
Posted

Excellent work on VPilot. Getting back to my flight simulator roots because of it. Question. Every plane shows ACME, then regional jet. I am running the latest beta 2.04. Also, how do the flight models work? Are we suppose to see different aircraft based on equipment?

Thank you,

Abe

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

vPilot Tips, Tricks, FAQ and Troubleshooting Guide: viewtopic.php?f=132&t=64672

vPilot Docomeentation: http://vPilot.metacraft.com/Docomeentation.aspx

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Abe Abrahamian 1287713
Posted
Posted

What are people using for Prepar3d V3 for traffic sets. Everything out there is out dated?

Josh Glottmann
Posted
Posted

WOAI runs fine for me on v3. You just have to install it properly.

How are you installing it?

Abe Abrahamian 1287713
Posted
Posted

I purchased Mytraffic 6.0a and installed it in Prepar3d V3.35. Vpilot found the MY Traffic folder and indexed it. However, I get a red error which states:

Failed to create aircraft ***** using model B757-200. and B757-300. Vpilot will try to recreate the aircraft with a different model.

Is this an error on my part or the other aircraft on VATSIM do not have their traffic updated? I am confused. I see no Liveries?

Josh Glottmann
Posted
Posted

Did vPilot recognize that the models were installed? Did you add a new line in your SimObjects.cfg file?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Abe, do you have any custom model matching rules files loaded?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Abe Abrahamian 1287713
Posted
Posted

I followed the tutorial on AVSIM. I did notice this in when I opened up the simobjects.cfg folder. Looks like the entry was added using MyTraffic cimmunicator with the same value of 10. Shoud I change this?

VPilot recognized My Traffic and added it. I do not have custome rules.

I have :

SIMObjects\Airplanes - 138 models, 121 identified. That box is checked

ProgramData\12bPilot|SODE\SimObjects. This box is not checked.

Program Files \12BPilo\SODE\data\SimObjects-1 model. This box is checked.

MyTraffic\Aircraft-5598 models, 4829 identified. This box is checked.

Thank you

Abe

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Yeah, the numbers need to be sequential.

Abe Abrahamian 1287713
Posted
Posted

Excellent. I switched it to 12 and it loaded. Mytraffic. I do most of my flying on VATSIM and was excited with the new 2.04 beta. I just moved the aircraft to KPHX where there is a VATSIM event going on. Lots of planes. The Mytraffic aircraft are still there along with real world VATSIM traffic. I have not noticed the errors come up. However, The liveries on the VATSIM traffic are just the generic white. I had purchased Mytraffic to have the increased database and to see the real world liveries of VATSIM traffic.

Reading through the Vpilot V2 posts I understand that model matching is no longer going to be needed. I am a bit confused on why the VATSIM liveries are not showing up now with Mytraffic working? I only see a few aircraft on VATSIM with liveries.

Thank you,

Abe

• 2 weeks later...
Noa Nikolic 1326386
Posted
Posted

I'm using it. Everything great by now !

20.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Thimo Koolen
Posted
Posted

On behalf of a friend whom I got into Vatsim today and am helping installing everything on vPilot 2.0: he barely seems aircrafts. He has 1500+ models identified by the automatic system.

At first, he saw 0 aircrafts. He ran vPilot as admin the second time and now it's working half. In the right click menu -> air traffic he sees all the nearby traffic and their callsigns + types, but he only sees A FEW of them really. The others are just plain invisible, not even the default one CRJ-700 (and no, that directory isn't removed).

Anyone knows what's going on?

spacer.png

ACCNL4 (Training Director) - Dutch VACC

marcus holmes
Posted
Posted
On behalf of a friend whom I got into Vatsim today and am helping installing everything on vPilot 2.0: he barely seems aircrafts. He has 1500+ models identified by the automatic system.

At first, he saw 0 aircrafts. He ran vPilot as admin the second time and now it's working half. In the right click menu -> air traffic he sees all the nearby traffic and their callsigns + types, but he only sees A FEW of them really. The others are just plain invisible, not even the default one CRJ-700 (and no, that directory isn't removed).

Anyone knows what's going on?

What sim are you using? if it is FSX then turn off your aircraft shadows.

There is a bug in FSX that causes multiplayer aircraft to appear invisible when you have aircraft shadows on.

Thimo Koolen
Posted
Posted

It's P3D.

spacer.png

ACCNL4 (Training Director) - Dutch VACC

Ricardo Santos 1108947
Posted
Posted

Hey guys.

First of all, well done on vpilot interface. Really a nice work in there.

So, i´m using ES in my laptop and P3D on desktop. I can setup the connections between with vpilot on host and remote sessions (even starting the .towerview (IP) (CSIGN). Everything seems great but no traffic on SIM.

I have MyTraffic entry on the simobject´s file, have also this configured on EuroScopeFsxConnector, have run out the VMR generation to setup the model matching but in the end, no prop, no jet, no nothing on my beautifull seat on tower´s desk

Any clue?

Cheers.

TMA Controller PortugalVacc

21.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

vPilot 2.0 doesn't work with ES, yet. Gergely is working on it:

viewtopic.php?f=71&t=70986

Note that with vPilot 2.0, you no longer need VMRGenerator. vPilot scans your installed models and builds rules automatically.

Jason  Solomon 1106895
Posted
Posted

''Error performing version check: The request failed with HTTP status 404: Not Found''

Got this error message after installing VP v2, all settings are correct, does anyone knows how to get this message removed?

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted
does anyone knows how to get this message removed?

I posted a similar topic on the vPilot forums (here). Nothing you can do from your end - just need to wait for Ross to take a look at his server (or perhaps release an update using a new URL?).

Jason  Solomon 1106895
Posted
Posted

Hi Bradley,

Thank u for the swift reply! no worries at all, i thought i'd perhaps had done something wrong! but other than that all is well

Greg Barber
Posted
Posted

Is vPilot v2 supposed to detect models in a World of AI folder (eg. Prepar3d/SimObjects/WOAI)?

I have just installed P3D v3.3 and vPilot2.0, run the WOAI installer to put the models into the above directory, edited the simobjects.cfg file to point to the above directory.

When vPilot scans for models it sees the directory but says there are no models in there.

My Settings window looks like this http://puu.sh/q4iXQ/e5cd31c939.png

My folder structure looks like this http://puu.sh/q4j5i/aa479915c0.png

Can someone tell me what's wrong?

Greg Barber

VATPAC3 - Director ATC Training & Standards

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Looks like the WoAI models might not be installed correctly. Normally they are not grouped by airline, rather they are grouped by model. (By aircraft type.)

Can you show me the contents of one of the airline folders, such as SimObjects\WOAI\Air New Zealand?

• 4 weeks later...
Oliver Branaschky
Posted
Posted

Ross,

First of all: Kudos and thank you for all your hard work. vPilot 2.0 really works a charm.

Only issue I have come across and I'm not sure if it has come up before is that the program doesn't seem to remember previously used aircraft/call signs. Each time I connect, the respective boxes are blank. Is this a known problem or is there a solution?

Thanks and kind regards,

Oliver

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Haven't had that reported yet ... I'll look into it. Do other settings save okay? (I mean setting changes made since you upgraded to 2.0.)

Andrew Morkunas
Posted
Posted

It was first a little know capability now with high demand - Ross and Gergely got the programs working and now we have a great feature that adds to the realism of our hobby. Now I wonder if controllers will ever move out of the cab? Thanks guys for working together to bring us this wonderful feature.

Andrew Morkunas

spacer.png

Twitch: padre_andrew ATC Simulations