You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vPilot 2.0 Open Beta now available

Ross Carlson

Oliver Branaschky
Posted
Posted
Haven't had that reported yet ... I'll look into it. Do other settings save okay? (I mean setting changes made since you upgraded to 2.0.)

Yes, everything else seems to save okay. That is in stand-alone mode, btw. Haven't tried out the various remote/host options yet.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ross Carlson

• Ezio Cingolani 953405

• Kirk Christie

• MICHAEL KATSANIS 1284260

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ross Carlson

Ross Carlson 50 posts

• Ezio Cingolani 953405

Ezio Cingolani 953405 8 posts

• Kirk Christie

Kirk Christie 7 posts

• MICHAEL KATSANIS 1284260

MICHAEL KATSANIS 1284260 7 posts

Popular Days

• Apr 12 2016

16 posts

• Apr 10 2016

15 posts

• Apr 11 2016

12 posts

• Apr 7 2016

12 posts

Evan Hardin
Posted
Posted

I've been reading through and trying to follow, but I guess I'm still somewhat confused. With this beta is it possible to have a tower view while controlling through VRC?

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted
With this beta is it possible to have a tower view while controlling through VRC?

No, only with Euroscope currently. Ross has mentioned a planned update for vSTARS to support the feature as well.

• 2 weeks later...
Matthew Bartels
Posted
Posted

not sure if this was already posted, but in the standard vPilot 2.0 program I can not find an option to see the generated aircraft in the debug menu as I can in version 1. That functionality has a separate button in the host debug version of 2.0 that you can click on, but i see no way to bring it up in the standalone version.

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Forever and always "Just the events guy"

Markus Schober 1328585
Posted
Posted
in the standard vPilot 2.0 program I can not find an option to see the generated aircraft in the debug menu

You can use the dot command

.aircraft

Markus

Clarke Kruger
Posted
Posted
in the standard vPilot 2.0 program I can not find an option to see the generated aircraft in the debug menu

.aircraft

Doesn't work on a network though, I used to use the old .debug command which did show aircraft.

Any chance of extending the .aircraft to network mode?

Clarke Kruger

Edmonton (CYEG) AB, Canada

VATSIM Network Supervisor | Team 1

Have a question? Email [email protected]

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

.aircraft

Doesn't work on a network though, I used to use the old .debug command which did show aircraft.

Any chance of extending the .aircraft to network mode?

I'm afraid not. With vPilot 2.0 in networked mode, the remote copy has no knowledge at all of the aircraft in your session. Only the host copy (the one that's running on the same machine as the sim itself) has that knowledge. Therefore the aircraft list is only available on the host. So I could add a bunch of code to transfer all aircraft information from the host to the remote and keep it continually updated, but that would be a significant waste of time just to enable the .aircraft window on the remote. It's only intended for debugging, so having it available on the host is sufficient.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

• 2 weeks later...
Markus Schober 1328585
Posted
Posted

Ross,

I've got a question regarding the highlighting of the COM1/2 "Tx" indicators and the actual transmit behaviour of this fabulous program of yours.

I'm running vPilot 2.0.8 in host mode (without voice) and in remote mode with voice on a second computer. When I tune in two active frequencies with, let's say, COM2 set to transmit and receive, and COM1 set to receive only, the small Tx and Rx indicators in the remote vPilot window reflect exactly that, i.e. all show white text exept the COM1 Tx light which is greyed out - as expected. But when I now press the PTT button (on the host machine), the background of both Tx indicators turns to blue.

Is that a display thing only or does that mean one would really be transmitting on both frequencies then? I did not to try to find it out myself in order not to distract the controllers.

Markus

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

It definitely shouldn't be lighting up the TX in both, so there's definitely a bug there ... whether or not it is actually transmitting on both or not, I can't say until I debug it. I'll add it to the current bug list ... thanks for the report.

Lindsey Wiebe 1101951
Posted
Posted

Is it possible to add to the "options list" to have a click spot on com 2 RX? For listening to ATIS mostly, but also, at times if I'm handed off from CTR to Unicom for an uncontrolled approach i'll listen to CTR freq on com 2 while tx and rx on com 1 Unicom. ".com both" works great but I'm super lazy and don't want to type (also I move my keyboard far left on desk so it's an enormous effort to move my right hand ALL the way over ). Another workaround may be short cuts for certain commands? Such as shift-R for receive both or something. Thanks for the hard work Ross, I've used most of the Vatsim products and BY FAR yours is the simplest, cleanest, and has most useful options out there!

Mr.

VATSIM P2

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
Is it possible to add to the "options list" to have a click spot on com 2 RX? For listening to ATIS mostly, but also, at times if I'm handed off from CTR to Unicom for an uncontrolled approach i'll listen to CTR freq on com 2 while tx and rx on com 1 Unicom.

Can't you enable COM2 receive on your radio panel?

Thanks for the hard work Ross, I've used most of the Vatsim products and BY FAR yours is the simplest, cleanest, and has most useful options out there!

Thanks!

Lindsey Wiebe 1101951
Posted
Posted
Can't you enable COM2 receive on your radio panel?

That would be MUCH easier haha, however, some/ a lot of panels, will flip between them. For instance I've been flying the Carenado B1900 a lot lately and you can toggle one or the other, unfortunately, but not both. Thus I use your ".com both "option which is a very welcome option to overcome this panel limitation. Yes, I could just quickly flip them, but being a RW pilot, I like to be "as real as it gets" and don't want to miss a call.

Mr.

VATSIM P2

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

That's a shame ... does the real aircraft have that limitation? I'm pretty sure every aircraft that I've flown real-world allows you to listen on both COM radios, but then I've only ever flown single-pilot aircraft, and I could imagine that the ability to listen on both radios at once is needed far less in a multi-crew aircraft.

Lindsey Wiebe 1101951
Posted
Posted

It's a Carenado limitation; if I flip COM2 up it flips COM1 down, like they are on a rocker together. I've flown in RL 7 different types and ALL have been able to listen to both; in fact some I've flown I've been able to isolate which side hears what! For instance flying with my girlfriend (wife now) she's sleeping in the "co pilot" seat and I isolated the radios to only go through my headset.

Mr.

VATSIM P2

• 2 weeks later...
Noa Nikolic 1326386
Posted
Posted

So far, so good! The 2 problems that i have are: it crashes when close to then destination aiport sometimes and I cant use the number first in the callsign (Croatian registered planes start like this: 9A and than 3 letters). But everything else is great!

Cheers,

Noa

20.jpg

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
it crashes when close to then destination aiport sometimes

Can you give some more details here? Is your sim crashing, or is vPilot crashing? (Or both?)

and I cant use the number first in the callsign (Croatian registered planes start like this: 9A and than 3 letters).

This is in the list for a future update. I don't have an ETA on that yet.

• 2 weeks later...
Noa Nikolic 1326386
Posted
Posted
[quote name=Noa Nikolic 1326386]it crashes when close to then destination aiport sometimes

Can you give some more details here? Is your sim crashing, or is vPilot crashing? (Or both?)

[quote name=Noa Nikolic 1326386]and I cant use the number first in the callsign (Croatian registered planes start like this: 9A and than 3 letters).

This is in the list for a future update. I don't have an ETA on that yet.

Well, that's nice that that will be possible! about this crashing, I was doing long haul LFPG - OMDB and it worked flawlessly, but after entering the transition to runway, it said that server didn't respond after a longer period of time and vPilot just closed (sim still works OK). After that i tried to reopen it and in 90% of situations I couldn't reconnect. I'll try another server (currently on GERMANY). But that also happens on shorthaul npr. LDZA - LQSA (20 min flight) and on the approach it crashes on the same way. I never had any problems with GERMANY server either as an ATC or a pilot. My internet has I think something like 15 download/5 upload Mbps .

20.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
Only issue I have come across and I'm not sure if it has come up before is that the program doesn't seem to remember previously used aircraft/call signs. Each time I connect, the respective boxes are blank. Is this a known problem or is there a solution?

I am unable to reproduce this in standalone (or any other) mode. Are you still having this issue?

Aharon Dayan
Posted
Posted

Quick question before I install the new version 2

The new version 2 has lots of AI options more than I can handle or understand. I am wondering if I have to do anything with AI settings in VPilot Client or should I leave it alone???

Regards,

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
The new version 2 has lots of AI options more than I can handle or understand. I am wondering if I have to do anything with AI settings in VPilot Client or should I leave it alone???

What settings are you referring to?

Aharon Dayan
Posted
Posted
What settings are you referring to?

Forgive me if I am totally new to VPilot after spending 7 years flying on Sqwkbox 4.0

I am referring to settings in The Model Matching Tab that look too complex to me particularly the section called Model Matching Rules Explained.

If I want to install vPilot 2.0 Beta, should I leave settings of Model Matching Tab alone in hope there is already default setting there or do I have to do something about it?

Regards,

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Aharon, I recommend you install v2.0 and read that docomeentation (link I sent you last night). Then you'll see that you are worrying about nothing -- that configuration stuff is all gone because it is automatic, unless you want to create and add a custom model matching rule set. HINT: You won't.... Let the automation do its magic.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Aharon Dayan
Posted
Posted
HINT: You won't.... Let the automation do its magic.

Ahhhh okay thanks for clarification

Regards,

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png

Aharon Dayan
Posted
Posted

Just finished installing VPilot 2.0 beta and it looks interesting during ground testing. Would be nice if the Type Code: in the Connect window has pull down menu showing choice of aircraft types like sqwkbox4.0 to prevent incorrect input of aircraft code because I do not know if I should put 727 or B727 or B721 in the type code. If I want to fly 737-700, do I put 737 or B737? Also how to put L1101 in that?? Is there an official list of type codes for Vatsim that I can consult?

Also I wish the Vpilot 2.0 beta docomeentation has explanations for equipment suffix's alphabetic choices from A to Z because I have never used that in sqwkbox 4.0 for seven years. Only aircraft type codes from pulldown menu in sqwkbox 4.0.

Also, I do not see function that gives pilots an option to block any private messages except from airport controllers.

Regards,

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
I do not know if I should put 727 or B727 or B721 in the type code. If I want to fly 737-700, do I put 737 or B737? Also how to put L1101 in that??

Use the real-world type code for your aircraft. A 737-700 is "B737". An L-1011 is "L101". There are many places on the web to find real world type codes.

Is there an official list of type codes for Vatsim that I can consult?

No. VATSIM uses real-world type codes.

Also I wish the Vpilot 2.0 beta docomeentation has explanations for equipment suffix's alphabetic choices from A to Z because I have never used that in sqwkbox 4.0 for seven years.

Equipment code suffixes are listed in the PRC as well as numerous places on the web.

Also, I do not see function that gives pilots an option to block any private messages except from airport controllers.

Because that feature does not exist.