You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Post your scope!

Callum McLoughlin

Rahul Parkar
Posted
Posted

Hey Dhruv,

I've just kept looking at that picture, I keep loving that font more and more, any chance you could send me that VRC Replacement font?

Cheers!

Rahul

Rahul Parkar

"On second thoughts Nappa, catch it, catch it with your teeth" -- Vegeta

Professional Nerd. (Professionally not professional)

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Christopher Mauro

• Romano Lara

• Wycliffe Barrett

• Sebastien Bartosz

Top Posters In This Topic

• Christopher Mauro

Christopher Mauro 43 posts

• Romano Lara

Romano Lara 29 posts

• Wycliffe Barrett

Wycliffe Barrett 27 posts

• Sebastien Bartosz

Sebastien Bartosz 23 posts

Popular Days

• Nov 24 2010

15 posts

• Oct 19 2011

13 posts

• Dec 8 2008

13 posts

• Feb 2 2011

10 posts

Popular Posts

Gustavo Valdez

VATSYS Present in WorldFlight 2020 I was crazy enough to try it on Tuesday! And it did pretty good managing the eastbound departures out of Mexico Center. Still some things to figure out an

Gustavo Valdez

Not live but progress so far on the Mexico Vatsys Sector    

Gustavo Valdez

Mexico once again in Word Flight! Thanks everyone for flying, had a blast!

Posted Images

Scott Diamond 1001574
Posted
Posted

Hi managed to get 2 sectors up and running on ES.

Liverpool Radar (EGGP):

a1660.jpg

Blackpool Radar (EGNH):

03168.jpg

• Board of Governors
Nicholas Cavacini
Posted
Posted

Same with me for the replacement font.

Nick
Vice President - Supervisors
VATSIM Board of Governors

Contact the Supervisor Team | Could you be a Supervisor?

Vatsim-color-tagline.png.afe5bb8b98897d00926a882be4e2059c.png

Unless otherwise stated, opinions are my own and not representative of the official opinion of the VATSIM Board of Governors

• Board of Governors
Nicholas Cavacini
Posted
Posted

MIA_CTR:

Right Monitor:

MIA_CTR_Right.jpg

Left Monitor:

MIA_CTR_Left.jpg

**NOTE** The scope background is a dark Navy Blue. The color is Red: 0 Green: 0 Blue: 26. Hue: 160 Sat: 240 Lum: 12. Besides background, everything is the right (or similar) color as it should be.

Nick
Vice President - Supervisors
VATSIM Board of Governors

Contact the Supervisor Team | Could you be a Supervisor?

Vatsim-color-tagline.png.afe5bb8b98897d00926a882be4e2059c.png

Unless otherwise stated, opinions are my own and not representative of the official opinion of the VATSIM Board of Governors

Romano Lara
Posted
Posted

Another one from HNL Center

HNL.PNG

Romano Lara
vACC Philippines, Manager - Training & Standards
04819c_4181f294a6c34b5aa4d8a82c0fb448c5~mv2.webp

Amrit Ayalur 1138518
Posted
Posted

Hey that's me! AAH707!

HCF_AA/S3 Mentor

Andrew Doubleday
Posted
Posted

A shot Andy Duong snapped of the front line for our makeshift TRACON. Derek Hood (foreground) wondering what more could go wrong in his sector now working H (south feeder), Andrew Wolcott on S (south final) to his left, Dhruv Kalra on my system (I'm standing behind him as we wrapped up a relief briefing) working N (north final), and Ryan Geckler on I (north feeder) in the back.

IMG_0419.jpg

M98 last night, quick shot sequencing the 30R final at one point (looks a bit confusing, but there was a plan for the sequencing here). The E135 is a pointout to south as the corporate jets park at Signature just off 30L (quicker taxi). Trying to build the stagger a bit as the 30L/R approaches are dependent. The C172 was tunneled under and squeezed onto 30L by south later.

Compliments to Chris Rolfe designed the new font for VRC.

M98-7.jpg

Another shot from later in the night after we combined the TRACON to the backline position R for midnight ops (landing 30L, opposite direction traffic departs 12R). Sequencing to 30L.

M98-4.jpg

This was running on a number of monitors throughout our TRACON setup during the live event. We're all proud of Logan Gloss-Ivory's and Dhruv Kalra's hard programming work to get the IDS operational for this event. It's a fantastic coordination tool and made operations an absolute breeze last night.

M98-5.jpg

Messing around adding an urgent PIREP into the system (they stay up on IDS for 30 minutes and then disappear).

CIMG1862.jpg

Andrew James Doubleday | Twitch Stream: Ground_Point_Niner

University of North Dakota | FAA Air Traffic Collegiate Training Initiative (AT-CTI) GraduateGPN_Horizontal_-_Tertiary.thumb.png.9d7edc4d985ab7ed1dc60b92a5dfa85c.png

Jean-Frederik Dion 819740
Posted
Posted

Your new font is absolutly gorgeous, but not impressive as IDS!

I wish that your programmers (Logan Gloss-Ivory and Dhruv Kalra) would be willing to share part of it eventually! Hats off anyways!

Andrew Doubleday
Posted
Posted

One more of IDS from the charts/maps tab. In one of the above scope pictures, I worked a C172 into Flying Cloud on a VOR approach. Needed to reference the approach chart prior to vectoring. This tab on the system allows you to pull night charts from myairplane.com.

M98-8.jpg

More shots of IDS will follow as well as pictures/videos from the ZMP FNO (in a separate post).

University of North Dakota | FAA Air Traffic Collegiate Training Initiative (AT-CTI) GraduateGPN_Horizontal_-_Tertiary.thumb.png.9d7edc4d985ab7ed1dc60b92a5dfa85c.png

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

Davor Kusec 990407
Posted
Posted

Awesome IDS system guys!

Davor Kusec

Air Traffic Director | Northeast Region VATUSA

Supervisor | VATSIM

990407.jpg

David Malinowski 1087539
Posted
Posted

MCODELCTG.png

Intense right? This is how my station will look tomorrow for cross the gulf. Working in order of left to right, we have an aircraft list, controller list, excel docomeent keeping track of a/c status, flight strip bay, CPDLC (more on this later), VRC main window for METARS, time, current ATIS and chat (notice NO RADAR), skype for inter ARTCC and event coordinator communication, and TeamSpeak for controller coordination. Have fun tomorrow guys!

Current occasional pilot

Former New York ARTCC Level 5 Approach Controller | Former Jacksonville ARTCC and vatUK SE/EGLL RTS Visitor

Halldor Bui Jonsson
Posted
Posted
One more of IDS from the charts/maps tab. In one of the above scope pictures, I worked a C172 into Flying Cloud on a VOR approach. Needed to reference the approach chart prior to vectoring. This tab on the system allows you to pull night charts from myairplane.com.

More shots of IDS will follow as well as pictures/videos from the ZMP FNO (in a separate post).

Do you think they would be willing to release the source for this for other vatsim developers to put to good use?

--------------------

Best regards

--------------------

Halldor

Ross Bristo 1010003
Posted
Posted

Evening,

Here is my London North set up, i have a second asr which i toggle to which i call "Detail", that asr contains all the ground geo, stands, holding points and the odd important VRP; it helps keep my main radar screen clear of clutter.

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg6/Roscow550i/ttn.jpg

Ross

atc1o.png

Dave James 1018738
Posted
Posted
Evening,

Here is my London North set up, i have a second asr which i toggle to which i call "Detail", that asr contains all the ground geo, stands, holding points and the odd important VRP; it helps keep my main radar screen clear of clutter.

Ross

Ross,

Do you have the ILS track and distance markers for EGNR 22 and offset 04 ?

(......do you need them ?)

Blue Skies

David James

VATSIM Screenshot Contest Coordinator

Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 2.4gig, RAM 3.25gig, ATI Radeon HD4800, XP Pro SP3, FS9.1 FSnav FSinn VRC

EXS_3.jpg

Ross Bristo 1010003
Posted
Posted
Evening,

Ross

Ross,

Do you have the ILS track and distance markers for EGNR 22 and offset 04 ?

(......do you need them ?)

Blue Skies

I use the runways in Euroscope, so EGNR runways are available. however, because i use ES runways all my centrelines are all set to what i have set them as (12 miles), To have EGNR's ILS showing on my main radar screen would get a bit messy with Liverpool.

However, EGNR's runaways are turned on in my detailed asr file.

Do i need them? If i had a Hawarden arrival, yes; the last Hawarden arrival i had (last week) was handled by Liverpool Radar.

Ross

Ross

atc1o.png

Dave James 1018738
Posted
Posted

Nae worries

David James

VATSIM Screenshot Contest Coordinator

Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 2.4gig, RAM 3.25gig, ATI Radeon HD4800, XP Pro SP3, FS9.1 FSnav FSinn VRC

EXS_3.jpg

Karl Mathias Moberg
Posted
Posted

Love the shots Andrew! May I ask if anyone know what the name of that headset is?

NckPTPXs.jpg

Karl Mathias Moberg (KM) - C3/I1
https://nyartcc.org
ZNY Air Traffic Manager

Harold Rutila 974112
Posted
Posted

That's the Plantronics St[Mod - Happy Thoughts]t H31, connected to the PC with either the DA50 or DA55 adapter (I can't tell from the pic). It's standard for real world ATC over here in the states, and I'd imagine it's also in use in some places across the pond, too.

Dhruv Kalra
Posted
Posted

Harold got it. All the M98 guys were on H31 St[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ts connected either with DA40/55 USB adapters, or with SHS2355 USB PTTs. Since the H31 has a quick-disconnect, we were able to accomplish position relief in a similar manner to the real world in that the relieving controller would simply plug into the scope with his headset.

Dhruv Kalra

VATUSA ZMP ATM | Instructor | VATSIM Network Supervisor

878508.png878508.png

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

do i see a few Bud light cans on the table someone card these guys, they look a little young

Ryan Geckler
Posted
Posted

I can safely say that none of those are mine.

Ryan Geckler - GK | Former VATUSA3 - Division Training Manager

VATSIM Minneapolis ARTCC | FAA Miami ARTCC 

Andrew Doubleday
Posted
Posted

Should have seen the two 1.75L bottles of Jack that went down after those silver bullets... Luckily that was after FNO.

Daniel Hawton
Posted
Posted
do i see a few Bud light cans on the table someone card these guys, they look a little young

No, I think those might actually be Coors light cans.

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

shows ya how much of a beer guy i am im a cognac guy