• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

VATSYS Present in WorldFlight 2020 I was crazy enough to try it on Tuesday! And it did pretty good managing the eastbound departures out of Mexico Center. Still some things to figure out an

Not live but progress so far on the Mexico Vatsys Sector    

It wasn't live last time... but guess what... it is now!  

Posted Images

• 5 weeks later...

Nice setup Cathal, but i think i have something for VATEIR that you lads would love !!

I've been working on some Euroscope files to replicate the Irish system. I've pretty much overhauled the symbology, tags and lists and tiny bits of the sectorfile (for the coastline and EIDW STARS color) Here's a demo:

Main radar screen:

h2iR2Ds.png

Ground radar:

jcJaLJ3.png

Detailed data tag (When you hover your cursor over the tag):

TAG Layout:

Warnings

Callsign | Next sector | [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned SQK | Aircraft type and wake category,

Current altitude | Vertical speed indicator | Temporary altitude | Ground speed | Destination | Cruise level,

Sector exit altitude (XFL)| Direct to waypoint,

[Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned heading (will show the direct to waypoint if given a direct to) | [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned speed | [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned rate| Scratchpad,

RPQzSFM.png

Tagged tag (when not hovering over tag):

TAG Layout:

Warnings

Callsign | Aircraft type and wake category,

Current altitude | Vertical speed indicator | Temporary altitude (if not the cruise level) | Ground speed

QWbUeBC.png

When the [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned heading, direct to, speed and rate are set:

R0EYjr3.png

Untagged tag:

TAG Layout:

Warnings

Callsign,

Current altitude | Vertical speed indicator | Temporary altitude (if not the cruise level)

QQ86nfZ.png

Now onto colors!:

[Mod - Happy Thoughts]umed (Aircraft you are tracking):

R0EYjr3.png

Notified (Aircraft due to enter your sector):

RIbjanv.png

Non-concerned (Aircraft on the radar that will not enter your sector):

PccePyh.png

Emergency (7700, SCTA, etc.)

0RUj0Ph.png

hAUc6nt.png

Route display:

pLkkpLj.png

I had trouble getting handoff colors to work in the sim. When a handoff is initiated the tag should turn blue.

Now for the lists:

I suppose this is all self explanatory, "SCT" displays the controller who is tracking the aircraft and "HOLD" is actually the holding list plugin.

lwjEEQG.png

You can control the Holding List Plugin using the command line.

.hl show – to show the holding list

.hl hide – to hide the holding list

.hl add - to add a plane to the list

.hl del - to remove the plane from the list

.hl wait - to add a timer that counts down from to 0.

Here are the images i based these settings off of: http://imgur.com/a/i2poC

Any chance you can put this up on VATEIR Cathal? Or should i just put it in the forums?

C1 Controller

/O Pacific Oceanic Endorsement

BICC_FSS (Iceland Radio) Endorsement

Nice job Eoin.

Does these pictures have anything similar

VATSIM Topsky Plugin for Euroscope by Juha Holopainen

s3UZ4WR.jpg

Your IRL Image from the Ireland Radar air traffic controller using Topsky software

6nQN2Lw.png

I really recommend checking out Topsky plugin by Juha Holopainen for Euroscope. With some tweaks it should be possible to port over to Ireland setup as well . Ireland seems to use the B setup. Plugin has A and B setups. And for example Finland and Estonia uses A setup, and Sweden and apparently Ireland as well uses B setup. There is very detailed manual for developer as well to port it over. I can provide some further details on PM if you want

Best regards,

Jouka Ahponen

Nice job Eoin.

Does these pictures have anything similar

VATSIM Topsky Plugin for Euroscope by Juha Holopainen

s3UZ4WR.jpg

Your IRL Image from the Ireland Radar air traffic controller using Topsky software

6nQN2Lw.png

I really recommend checking out Topsky plugin by Juha Holopainen for Euroscope. With some tweaks it should be possible to port over to Ireland setup as well . Ireland seems to use the B setup. Plugin has A and B setups. And for example Finland and Estonia uses A setup, and Sweden and apparently Ireland as well uses B setup. There is very detailed manual for developer as well to port it over. I can provide some further details on PM if you want

Best regards,

Jouka Ahponen

This looks great, I'll definitely look into it

Any chance you can give me a link?

C1 Controller

Topsky is brilliant, I really recommend it. I use it in the UK as well despite not being what is in use for real because I like it so much (and we dont' have a plugin to simulate the system used for real).

Johan Grauers

Event Coordinator - vACC Scandinavia

Very nice Eion! Just wondering, hiw come you are now using it on the Australian setup as well? Are you testing or just implemented it there as well? As far as I know in Australia they have another plugin they like to use but I can't recall it's name right now.

Anyways, looking good and I am glad you like it. Maybe show some pics from Irish setup as well?

/ Jouka

Hey Jouka,

In Australia, we use the TAAATS System, it's a system built on the Eurocat ATC system (Also designed by Thales) and we do have a Euroscope Plug-in for it.

Since i am not a VATEir Visitor, i had to either test the tags, colors and plugin itself within Australia or NZ. Since Australia had traffic, i loaded the Irish setup in Aus.

I'm still using TAAATS in Aus though

C1 Controller

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...