You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Post your scope!

Callum McLoughlin

Anders Moen
Posted
Posted

Testing out some new home made oceanic tools together with Magnus Meese (997444) on Shanwick and Gander this evening

Oceanic.png

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Christopher Mauro

• Romano Lara

• Wycliffe Barrett

• Sebastien Bartosz

Top Posters In This Topic

• Christopher Mauro

Christopher Mauro 43 posts

• Romano Lara

Romano Lara 29 posts

• Wycliffe Barrett

Wycliffe Barrett 27 posts

• Sebastien Bartosz

Sebastien Bartosz 23 posts

Popular Days

• Nov 24 2010

15 posts

• Oct 19 2011

13 posts

• Dec 8 2008

13 posts

• Feb 2 2011

10 posts

Popular Posts

Gustavo Valdez

VATSYS Present in WorldFlight 2020 I was crazy enough to try it on Tuesday! And it did pretty good managing the eastbound departures out of Mexico Center. Still some things to figure out an

Gustavo Valdez

Not live but progress so far on the Mexico Vatsys Sector    

Gustavo Valdez

Mexico once again in Word Flight! Thanks everyone for flying, had a blast!

Posted Images

Alex Seeberger
Posted
Posted
Testing out some new home made oceanic tools together with Magnus Meese (997444) on Shanwick and Gander this evening

Oceanic.png

That looks awesome....any chance that home made project will go public? Can you build the sector file or is it part of the executable?

Anders Moen
Posted
Posted

Yes, indeed! Just needs to bug test it some more and wrap up a few things. Found a few bugs on tonight's session, then it'll be available for everyone I can find on the Shanwick/Gander member list

No idea when it'll be ready though, as I'm usually away from home from Monday morning until Friday evening due work, so it takes some time.

I've already created a list/table (the map uses the same data, so you can use the table+map together if you want, whenever that is ready) that is already available for Shanwick/Gander controllers to use. This is based on the Excel table that was created a long time ago. This can be found at http://oca.vnas.net (which is where the map will be available as well, once it's done). I've learned a lot in-between creating the list and the map, so for now, there will be a few things in the list that doesn't work too well etc - at least compared to the map, but it's usable. You'll know what I mean if you ever use it.

Here's an image of the list:

Oceanic2.png

It's not part of the sector file or the executable - this is all browser based

Alex Seeberger
Posted
Posted

Thanks much for sharing. Yeah I've been looking for a good program to simulate oceanic and a few exist, the only problem is they typically are built for Atlantic crossings. It would be great if something would come along that is universal and can be used world wide. One day that may come:)

Josh Glottmann
Posted
Posted

Anders, until your latest post, I thought it was Euroscope based and got a bit disappointed... Now I'm kind of anxious for it ;)

Out of curiosity, have you implemented a dystem to check for conflicts?

Ryan Geckler
Posted
Posted

Judging by the box that says "conflicts", I'm saying yes.

Ryan Geckler - GK | Former VATUSA3 - Division Training Manager

VATSIM Minneapolis ARTCC | FAA Miami ARTCC 

Wygene Chong 1089621
Posted
Posted

Hei Anders,

Looks like this thread is going slightly off topic, but in a good way! I wonder if you'd also care to make the tool available to Iceland Radio and Søndrestrøm Information controllers on request (see roster)? As you already know, we've got pretty much the same procedures as Shanwick/Gander except that we use only random routes (and have lots of radar coverage )

Wygene Chong

C1 Controller | Iceland | Greenland | Faroe Islands

VATSIM Scandinavia

Sebastien Bartosz
Posted
Posted

+1 but for New York OCA, please

New York ARTCC

Josh Glottmann
Posted
Posted

I guess looking at the image on mobile wasn't the best idea. Also, since I don't believe their is any overlap with the rosters at Gander and Shanwick, you might want to also make this available to those who received this Oceanic cert at Gander (http://www.ganderoceanic.com/roster/Roster.aspx).

Sebastien Bartosz
Posted
Posted

I received the cert from VATEir who was dealing with that before VATUK did (back in 2009 ish).

Then when VATUK took over, I guess my name didn't get exported.

I still consider myself to have the cert.

New York ARTCC

Anders Moen
Posted
Posted

Josh: Yeah, it's a simple conflict checker. For now, it only checks the estimated time between two aircraft on the same level inbound the same waypoint/coordinate. I have a friend who managed to create/fix a function for me that checks intersecting lines, however, so far I've only been able to make it work on aircraft that flies on the same routing - kinda unnecessary hehe

Also the roster you linked to, is the same as the one I linked to, I believe? Just a different domain it seems

Wygene: I might make a version for Reykjavik and Bodø OACC as well, based a bit more on BOAS ATM (pretty much the same ATM as Reykjavik uses), but this depends whether I'm able to convert the sector coordinates to a conic projection (or something like that) so the airspaces will look more correct (just imagine how much easier this would all be if the earth was flat like these stupid maps we use are ). Otherwise I don't think it'll happen - at least for now.

Besides, the system is "hard coded" for Shanwick/Gander, so easterly coordinates simply won't work yet. But like I said, I do have some plans for BOAS if I can convert lat/lng to LCC

New York/Santa Maria might be possible with the current setup, but no plans for it as of now. So many other things to do in-between work

Eoin Motherway 1315348
Posted
Posted

Controlling for the Brisbane RealOps event.

Brisbane Approach North (Controlling all arrival aircraft from the North and West.)

BN_APP

QaqgVIX.png

C1 Controller

/O Pacific Oceanic Endorsement

BICC_FSS (Iceland Radio) Endorsement

David Zhong
Posted
Posted

(A mod may want to split off this side discussion)

Anders,

For the project I am working on, I am using PROJ4 (which has bindings for a variety of languages) which does my map projection and geodesic calculations. The great thing about this is that it not only projects the map as a conic (or anything else) but it also deals with the antimeridian (180W/180E) problem. Something you might want to check out when you get to that point.

David Zhong

Matthew Moy 1288933
Posted
Posted

The Heathrow Overload 2016 Timelapse:

A longer timelapse with the Radar View, Ground View and a bit more will be out around mid February

Luis Mauricio Esparza Sanchez
Posted
Posted

Oceanic.png

It looks good

Mauricio Esparza

Mexico Division Director|VATMEX1

• 1 month later...
Matthew Moy 1288933
Posted
Posted

Hi guys,

The Heathrow Overload 2016 Pt II time lapse is now published! There is a mix of the Ground and Radar view.

Enjoy the video!

Matthew

Andrew Morkunas
Posted
Posted
Controlling for the Brisbane RealOps event.

Brisbane Approach North (Controlling all arrival aircraft from the North and West.)

BN_APP

QaqgVIX.png

Eoin,

What plugins are you using to create the button bars and flight strip bay? I am an avid EuroScope user and I am always looking for ways to "pimp it out."

Andrew Morkunas

spacer.png

Twitch: padre_andrew ATC Simulations

Sebastien Bartosz
Posted
Posted

TAAATS Mod.

Replicates The Australian TAAATS system

New York ARTCC

Dhruv Kalra
Posted
Posted

Couple Minneapolis scopes showing off Ross' handiwork.

vERAM, ZMP during this past Saturday morning's staff up:

a6bbe2419c.png

vSTARS, M98 during a Sweatbox scenario. I'm working South final while the trainee/instructor work the North final running parallel dependent ILS approaches:

909b7bfc5a.png

Dhruv Kalra

VATUSA ZMP ATM | Instructor | VATSIM Network Supervisor

878508.png878508.png

Thimo Koolen
Posted
Posted

Those ILS approaches tho Nicely lined up.

spacer.png

ACCNL4 (Training Director) - Dutch VACC

sebastian gosch
Posted
Posted

Oceanic.png

It looks good

Any chance you could share your setup (files) ? Looks pretty nice!

Seb

Morten Jelle
Posted
Posted

It is not something you download - it is webbased and only for Shanwick/Gander approved controllers.

Morten Jelle

VATSIM Network Supervisor, Team Lead - Supervisor Team 1

spacer.png

sebastian gosch
Posted
Posted
It is not something you download - it is webbased and only for Shanwick/Gander approved controllers.

Ah there you go! Thought it was Euroscope. Would appreciate that link when it becomes available - ES isn't optimal for this kind of procedural control.

rgds

Seb

Morten Jelle
Posted
Posted

It is only made for the North Atlantic as far as I know - but it isn't finished yet. But you can look up the description on the VATSIM-UK forums.

Morten Jelle

VATSIM Network Supervisor, Team Lead - Supervisor Team 1

spacer.png

Anders Moen
Posted
Posted

Morten is correct, it is only for Shanwick/Gander for now.

I've also begun working on a third version of it. Especially the map will be significantly updated:

Th94E84.png

(click on it for full size)

I was lucky enough to have an image of the real system (though a bit old) posted in the VATSIM UK forums to give me an idea of its looks

Anyway, the link to the system is http://oca.vnas.net

But like Morten said, it's only for Gander/Shanwick controllers, so if you aren't on any of the two rosters available or have any online time on either of the sectors, there is absolutely no point in even trying to register - you will be rejected, as I don't want every one to have access

(Not meant for you Sebastian, as I know you are rated for the position - just trying to save me for some work :p)