You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Post your scope!

Callum McLoughlin

Christopher Crawford
Posted
Posted

A couple from Brussels Control

ebbu1_zps6eefbe20.png

ebbu2_zpsee44d83c.png

1218450.png

1218450.png

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Christopher Mauro

• Romano Lara

• Wycliffe Barrett

• Sebastien Bartosz

Top Posters In This Topic

• Christopher Mauro

Christopher Mauro 43 posts

• Romano Lara

Romano Lara 29 posts

• Wycliffe Barrett

Wycliffe Barrett 27 posts

• Sebastien Bartosz

Sebastien Bartosz 23 posts

Popular Days

• Nov 24 2010

15 posts

• Oct 19 2011

13 posts

• Dec 8 2008

13 posts

• Feb 2 2011

10 posts

Popular Posts

Gustavo Valdez

VATSYS Present in WorldFlight 2020 I was crazy enough to try it on Tuesday! And it did pretty good managing the eastbound departures out of Mexico Center. Still some things to figure out an

Gustavo Valdez

Not live but progress so far on the Mexico Vatsys Sector    

Gustavo Valdez

Mexico once again in Word Flight! Thanks everyone for flying, had a blast!

Posted Images

Joonatan Porkkala
Posted
Posted

A quiet morning in Helsinki Radar with my fresh S3 rating.

kw2CEuF.png?2

Joonatan Porkkala

Finland S3 controller

Mentor for Finland FIR

1244751.png1244751.png

Syam Haque 1161585
Posted
Posted

A quiet night at Bahrain Center.

vjkDyhg.jpg

VATSIM Middle East

Syam Haque - 1161585

• 2 months later...
Pierre Ferran
Posted
Posted

Here are some screenshots of a work in progress plugin for EuroScope 3.2 that i'm developping to reproduce the real world system at Paris Charles de Gaulles and Paris Orly (called "Visu CDG"). The plugin also implements a ground radar that simulates the real world "AVISO" radar display.

A lot of things are still missing as it is WIP. Enjoy

AVISO ground radar

c0714a0290.png

c808ac2df8.png

"Visu CDG":

e0772cf120.png

352132990e.png

5e8078a01f.png

The tags on the "Visu CDG" display are alternating between wake category, speed and vertical altitude indicator to the aircraft type every two seconds as the real work system. The filters are controller by this control bar on the right side of the screen:

294894b4f1.png

More features are yet to come, but I just wanted to share with you what I've done so far

If you are interested in looking at what the real world system look like, head to this thread on the french vAcc forum, where I did a photo report of my latest visit at Charles de Gaulles' central tower

http://forum.vatfrance.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=19202

Johan Grauers
Posted
Posted
Here are some screenshots of a work in progress plugin for EuroScope 3.2 that i'm developping to reproduce the real world system at Paris Charles de Gaulles and Paris Orly (called "Visu CDG"). The plugin also implements a ground radar that simulates the real world "AVISO" radar display.

A lot of things are still missing as it is WIP. Enjoy

AVISO ground radar

c0714a0290.png

c808ac2df8.png

"Visu CDG":

e0772cf120.png

352132990e.png

5e8078a01f.png

The tags on the "Visu CDG" display are alternating between wake category, speed and vertical altitude indicator to the aircraft type every two seconds as the real work system. The filters are controller by this control bar on the right side of the screen:

294894b4f1.png

More features are yet to come, but I just wanted to share with you what I've done so far

If you are interested in looking at what the real world system look like, head to this thread on the french vAcc forum, where I did a photo report of my latest visit at Charles de Gaulles' central tower

http://forum.vatfrance.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=19202

Looks promising!

Is that dropbox gallery still intact? I can't seem to access the pictures in the dropbox link...

Johan Grauers

Event Coordinator - vACC Scandinavia

Pierre Ferran
Posted
Posted

Looks promising!

Is that dropbox gallery still intact? I can't seem to access the pictures in the dropbox link...

Yes, it should still work, I just tried it while logged out of dropbox, and it does work.

Johan Grauers
Posted
Posted

Looks promising!

Yes, it should still work, I just tried it while logged out of dropbox, and it does work.

Working now, no clue why but if it works, who cares!

Johan Grauers

Event Coordinator - vACC Scandinavia

• 5 weeks later...
Jouka Ahponen
Posted
Posted

Ready to start my Oceanic training for Shanwick.

JMRuVNP.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Jamie Luca Dobinson 111247
Posted
Posted

Sequencing a stream of arrivals onto 35R at LIMC

sc7.png

Screenshot from the Tower controller

vtsimevent_zpsfd574d92.png~original

VATITA Training Director

[email protected]

Pierre Ferran
Posted
Posted

Very nice sequencing Jamie, nice to see Milano a little busy

• 4 weeks later...
Pierre Ferran
Posted
Posted

After quite a bit of work, we released the first beta of the vCDG plugin for Paris-Charles-De-Gaule, including the new ground SCT.

The plugin features:

• Colors of target depending on arrival, departure, flight rule, runway
  • Professional radar with mode S correlation
  • Custom filter settings (VFR, etc...)
  • Quick buttons to show distance to axis, descent altitudes, holds...
  • Calculated VZ, can be toggled with a button
  • Background map based on the real world system
  • Built to work on all Paris TMA airports
  • Ground radar based on the real world system
  • A few other things that non-french controller will have a hard time understanding

Here are some screenshots:

d54532f1a7.png

---

676f1b4036.png

---

78b398ca85.png

---

9221afcdfc.png

---

378a406e5d.png

---

2588e43ef2.png

---

1ec7da1e88.png

At the moment, the plugin is only available to VATFrance controllers only, hope you enjoy the screenshots though

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

excellent work France controllers.

When is your next Flight||VATSIM HitSquad Member, ZOA/ZAK/GANDER/P1

Zachary Beard
Posted
Posted

A couple:

Albuquerque Center

0df6bb0559.png

Kansas City Center

2269b86dde.png

Fort Worth Center

71239b89e9.png

Where I started in 2006 (VATCAF), Central Africa Control

3c3262f80e.png

I use the TRACON video map data to better control arrivals and departures for the sake of VATSIM.

vDSR is now under development as vERAM and is still under betatesting... it is a great piece of software that will be fun for keen C1 types when released.

Sebastien Bartosz
Posted
Posted

Pierre, your Visu CDG looks awesome! Good job

Just for everyone else to see, here is a picture of the real thing and compare it to Pierre's:

46816577.jpg

New York ARTCC

Pierre Ferran
Posted
Posted
Pierre, your Visu CDG looks awesome! Good job

Just for everyone else to see, here is a picture of the real thing and compare it to Pierre's:

Merci Sebastien

That picture is quite old, here is what the current real world system looks like

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6eadyrbw3ndl89v/AADxPLARmd3P8JIk68SASqKqa/20140720_113600.jpg

Sebastien Bartosz
Posted
Posted

Nice !

What is the differences between VisuCDG and what other TMA's use?

Also, what enroute software does LF have?

New York ARTCC

Jouka Ahponen
Posted
Posted

regarding to Zarcharys post. Why does americans always have so messy scopes? That kind of setup would make me go nuts after 10 mins of using it.

I prefer more clean setting especially as an en route controller. But of course I think your eyes set up for that kind of scopes from S1 training already.

Sebastien Bartosz
Posted
Posted

I do agree that having airways shown is pointless but the rest are airspace boundaries, approach sector video maps etc.

I don't find it to be that cluttered, I've definitely seen worse!

New York ARTCC

Zachary Beard
Posted
Posted

I find using high airways helps me to predict traffic flows around the airspace. Also, HI center sectors generally have Jet routes displayed on their radar scopes. The video map data is necessary for controlling top down on VATSIM. I hate clutter in general.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
regarding to Zarcharys post. Why does americans always have so messy scopes?

Keep in mind that he's showing the full ARTCC, and real-world controllers will typically be looking at only a small fraction of that airspace. On VATSIM, we look at the entire airspace some of the time, and zoom in on a much smaller chunk when controlling aircraft on approach.

vERAM has the ability to open multiple additional windows, each zoomed in on an airport terminal area, for top-down controlling.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

• 3 weeks later...
Sam White 1214219
Posted
Posted

A couple of images from Worldflight at Heathrow yesterday:

Old SMR:

1750Z.PNG

New SMR:

1759Z.PNG

VATSIM UK S2 Rated (Essex RTS)

Sam%20White.jpg

Kirk Christie
Posted
Posted

Im still trying to understand why Controllers have so many lists, if you are working ground, you should just need dep's list and arrivals list,

Sector inbound? isn't that the same as arrivals, as a ground controller you don't have a sector.

FP list should be superseded by your Departure list, and what is the purpose of the planes list, to me you have loads of duplicate information, im just trying to understand why.

There is this picture on Facebook, I dont know how some one sees what they are doing with all those lists....

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t31.0-8/1655438_10204973702717815_6824365166193811089_o.jpg

Kirk Christie - VATPAC C3

VATPAC Undercover ATC Agent

Worldflight Perth 737-800 Crew Member

Sam White 1214219
Posted
Posted

I use exactly the same setup for tower as well, so some of the lists may be obsolete for ground, but I do use when controlling tower.

The sector inbound list is useful to me as I can see aircraft in it that are more than 10NM away and plan for them, for example if I know lots of aircraft have a very similar ETA I will refrain from taxing any departures via A or B so they can reach SATUN instead of PLUTO or TITAN (which I do so then the north eastern segments of A and B don't get blocked up too much), which then means that I don't have to hold vacating aircraft, and the holding points don't get clogged up. I do also use it for any arriving aircraft with an unusual callsign that I don't see often, so it gives me plenty of time to check the stand allocation docomeent to check if the callsign is on there are note down a stand to [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign them. It is useful as well on quiet nights to see what arrivals are due in and at what time while I wait for some traffic. On tower I also use it if I forget the callsign of an aircraft that has just departed and they do not squawk mode C, as the aircraft appears in the list while it is still I the ATZ.

The I occasionally use the flight plan list for an aircraft that still have not squawked mode C and are outside the ATZ, but I use it more often for any SVFR Helicopter transits as it allows me easy access to the Scratch Pad, so I can note down what the helicopter is doing.

The planes list is more used for the distance of how far out arriving arriving are, so I know what number they are in the arrivals sequence and exactly when they might appear on the SMR (I use it more for GMP, or GMC when I don't have the ATM up) as the ETAs on the sector inbound list can be the same for multiple aircraft.

VATSIM UK S2 Rated (Essex RTS)

Sam%20White.jpg

Syam Haque 1161585
Posted
Posted

The pressure our UAE ATC trainees go through

gO0fUJH.png

VATSIM Middle East

Syam Haque - 1161585

Willis Chong
Posted
Posted

WF overflying the Singaporean airspace en-route WMSA-WARR.

1547928_10205154376798672_7596741157339594850_o.jpg