• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

VATSYS Present in WorldFlight 2020 I was crazy enough to try it on Tuesday! And it did pretty good managing the eastbound departures out of Mexico Center. Still some things to figure out an

Not live but progress so far on the Mexico Vatsys Sector    

It wasn't live last time... but guess what... it is now!  

Posted Images

• 2 months later...

Here are some screenshots of a work in progress plugin for EuroScope 3.2 that i'm developping to reproduce the real world system at Paris Charles de Gaulles and Paris Orly (called "Visu CDG"). The plugin also implements a ground radar that simulates the real world "AVISO" radar display.

A lot of things are still missing as it is WIP. Enjoy

AVISO ground radar

c0714a0290.png

c808ac2df8.png

"Visu CDG":

e0772cf120.png

352132990e.png

5e8078a01f.png

The tags on the "Visu CDG" display are alternating between wake category, speed and vertical altitude indicator to the aircraft type every two seconds as the real work system. The filters are controller by this control bar on the right side of the screen:

294894b4f1.png

More features are yet to come, but I just wanted to share with you what I've done so far

If you are interested in looking at what the real world system look like, head to this thread on the french vAcc forum, where I did a photo report of my latest visit at Charles de Gaulles' central tower

http://forum.vatfrance.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=19202

Here are some screenshots of a work in progress plugin for EuroScope 3.2 that i'm developping to reproduce the real world system at Paris Charles de Gaulles and Paris Orly (called "Visu CDG"). The plugin also implements a ground radar that simulates the real world "AVISO" radar display.

A lot of things are still missing as it is WIP. Enjoy

AVISO ground radar

c0714a0290.png

c808ac2df8.png

"Visu CDG":

e0772cf120.png

352132990e.png

5e8078a01f.png

The tags on the "Visu CDG" display are alternating between wake category, speed and vertical altitude indicator to the aircraft type every two seconds as the real work system. The filters are controller by this control bar on the right side of the screen:

294894b4f1.png

More features are yet to come, but I just wanted to share with you what I've done so far

If you are interested in looking at what the real world system look like, head to this thread on the french vAcc forum, where I did a photo report of my latest visit at Charles de Gaulles' central tower

http://forum.vatfrance.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=19202

Looks promising!

Is that dropbox gallery still intact? I can't seem to access the pictures in the dropbox link...

Johan Grauers

Event Coordinator - vACC Scandinavia

Looks promising!

Is that dropbox gallery still intact? I can't seem to access the pictures in the dropbox link...

Yes, it should still work, I just tried it while logged out of dropbox, and it does work.

Working now, no clue why but if it works, who cares!

Johan Grauers

Event Coordinator - vACC Scandinavia

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

After quite a bit of work, we released the first beta of the vCDG plugin for Paris-Charles-De-Gaule, including the new ground SCT.

The plugin features:

• Colors of target depending on arrival, departure, flight rule, runway
  • Professional radar with mode S correlation
  • Custom filter settings (VFR, etc...)
  • Quick buttons to show distance to axis, descent altitudes, holds...
  • Calculated VZ, can be toggled with a button
  • Background map based on the real world system
  • Built to work on all Paris TMA airports
  • Ground radar based on the real world system
  • A few other things that non-french controller will have a hard time understanding

Here are some screenshots:

d54532f1a7.png

---

676f1b4036.png

---

78b398ca85.png

---

9221afcdfc.png

---

378a406e5d.png

---

2588e43ef2.png

---

1ec7da1e88.png

At the moment, the plugin is only available to VATFrance controllers only, hope you enjoy the screenshots though

A couple:

Albuquerque Center

0df6bb0559.png

Kansas City Center

2269b86dde.png

Fort Worth Center

71239b89e9.png

Where I started in 2006 (VATCAF), Central Africa Control

3c3262f80e.png

I use the TRACON video map data to better control arrivals and departures for the sake of VATSIM.

vDSR is now under development as vERAM and is still under betatesting... it is a great piece of software that will be fun for keen C1 types when released.

Pierre, your Visu CDG looks awesome! Good job

Just for everyone else to see, here is a picture of the real thing and compare it to Pierre's:

Merci Sebastien

That picture is quite old, here is what the current real world system looks like

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6eadyrbw3ndl89v/AADxPLARmd3P8JIk68SASqKqa/20140720_113600.jpg

regarding to Zarcharys post. Why does americans always have so messy scopes?

Keep in mind that he's showing the full ARTCC, and real-world controllers will typically be looking at only a small fraction of that airspace. On VATSIM, we look at the entire airspace some of the time, and zoom in on a much smaller chunk when controlling aircraft on approach.

vERAM has the ability to open multiple additional windows, each zoomed in on an airport terminal area, for top-down controlling.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

• 3 weeks later...

Im still trying to understand why Controllers have so many lists, if you are working ground, you should just need dep's list and arrivals list,

Sector inbound? isn't that the same as arrivals, as a ground controller you don't have a sector.

FP list should be superseded by your Departure list, and what is the purpose of the planes list, to me you have loads of duplicate information, im just trying to understand why.

There is this picture on Facebook, I dont know how some one sees what they are doing with all those lists....

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t31.0-8/1655438_10204973702717815_6824365166193811089_o.jpg

Kirk Christie - VATPAC C3

VATPAC Undercover ATC Agent

Worldflight Perth 737-800 Crew Member

I use exactly the same setup for tower as well, so some of the lists may be obsolete for ground, but I do use when controlling tower.

The sector inbound list is useful to me as I can see aircraft in it that are more than 10NM away and plan for them, for example if I know lots of aircraft have a very similar ETA I will refrain from taxing any departures via A or B so they can reach SATUN instead of PLUTO or TITAN (which I do so then the north eastern segments of A and B don't get blocked up too much), which then means that I don't have to hold vacating aircraft, and the holding points don't get clogged up. I do also use it for any arriving aircraft with an unusual callsign that I don't see often, so it gives me plenty of time to check the stand allocation docomeent to check if the callsign is on there are note down a stand to [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign them. It is useful as well on quiet nights to see what arrivals are due in and at what time while I wait for some traffic. On tower I also use it if I forget the callsign of an aircraft that has just departed and they do not squawk mode C, as the aircraft appears in the list while it is still I the ATZ.

The I occasionally use the flight plan list for an aircraft that still have not squawked mode C and are outside the ATZ, but I use it more often for any SVFR Helicopter transits as it allows me easy access to the Scratch Pad, so I can note down what the helicopter is doing.

The planes list is more used for the distance of how far out arriving arriving are, so I know what number they are in the arrivals sequence and exactly when they might appear on the SMR (I use it more for GMP, or GMC when I don't have the ATM up) as the ETAs on the sector inbound list can be the same for multiple aircraft.

VATSIM UK S2 Rated (Essex RTS)

Sam%20White.jpg